Includes 10 Minute Escape Breathing Apparatus Training.
This course is designed to meet the requirements for working safely in confined spaces in line with the Confined Space Regulations 2001, code of practice 2010 along with other key legislation.
This programme is designed for managers, supervisors and operatives who may need to enter or supervise the entry into Confined Spaces and carry out a variety of work activities including maintenance and cleansing operations, building and refurbishment work, routine inspections, CCTV operations, flow monitoring and surveys.
To enable candidates to work safely with Confined Spaces and to carry out duties in accordance with the Confined Space Regulations. They will be trained to understand how to safely select, use, visually inspect and maintain confined space equipment, enter and work safely in low risk confined spaces and act on an emergency ensuring that arrangements are in place. This will include
- Prepare to enter and work safely in low risk confined spaces
- Enter and exit confined spaces safely
- Use equipment and tools safely and in accordance with manufacturers’ instructions
- Follow procedures and work safely
- Deal with emergencies
- Use appropriate behaviour for working in low risk confined spaces in the specific industry
- Use appropriate industry knowledge for working in low risk confined Spaces
- Apply relevant industry standards for working in low risk confined spaces
- Introduction to course
- Health and safety overview
- Confined space regulations
- Hazardous Environments
- Gas and environment monitoring
- Risk assessments and Method Statements
- Personal protective equipment
- Safety equipment
- Safe entry procedures
- Safe working procedures
- Safe exit procedures
- Emergency arrangements
- Practical exercise
This course is delivered by professional firefighters with many years of experience in front line emergency services. We set a high standard and the instructors are passionate about the training they deliver which guarantees student interaction and participation resulting in an enhanced learning outcome for course participants.
Max number of 10 participants per course.
Duration of course is 1 or 2 days depending on prior training.
Workplace Fire & Safety Training will supply all equipment necessary for practical exercises.
All delegates must bring OVERALLS, HARD-HAT, and BOOTS
On successful completion of this course a Workplace Fire & Safety Training Certificate will be issued.