Our Emergency Response Team Training course provides participants with skills and knowledge to deal with foreseeable emergencies in the workplace such as Fire, Explosion, and Chemical Spills.
All courses are delivered by accredited professionals with many years of experience in the front line emergency fire service who are passionate about their training resulting in an enhanced learning outcome for course participants.
This programme requires a high level of student participation and interaction where the theory is enhanced by practical demonstration of skills and practical application by the students.
The aim of this course is to train members of an Emergency Response Team (ERT) and ERT Team Leader to a level of competency so they may deal with and manage both minor and serious emergency situation.
- Role and responsibilities of an emergency response team
- Command and control
- Use of firefighting equipment
- Fire Alert and Evacuation.
- Fire Extinguishers.
- Classification of Fires.
- Hydrants and Hoses.
- Breathing Apparatus.
- Search and Rescue.
- Fire Fighting At Close Quarters.
- Fire Spread.
- Flash-over and Back draft.
- Dust Explosions.
- Chemical Spills.
- Fires Involving Chemicals.
- Basic First Aid.
- Casualty Handling.
- Confined Space awareness.
- Search and rescue procedures.
- Assessment of accident area and the need to render it safe for the protection of the patient and the rescuers.
- Assessment of the injuries of the patient, the treatment to be given and the need for C. Spine control.
- Loading and securing patient onto stretcher.
- Removing patient to a safe area where they can be looked after by emergency services.
- The procedures for contacting and liaising with emergency services.
- Practical exercises.
This course can be physically demanding and participants must ensure they are fit enough to partake.
Max number of 10 participants per course.
This course is for duration of 1, 2 or 3 days, depending on requirements.
The duration depends on what modules the client needs covered, and what previous training has been undertaken by the trainees. Each course we deliver is specifically designed and tailored to suit the individual client’s requirements.
On successful completion of this course a Workplace Fire & Safety Training Certificate will be issued.